Apply for Work at DC
If any of the following relate to you, you may want to apply for a one or more positions available at Disability Connections:
- If you believe that people with disabilities shouldn’t be in nursing “homes”, institutions (including transitioning from school) or even stuck in their own home and are very passionate about working hard to get people out of isolating and segregated circumstances, then this job is an exciting and rewarding opportunity for you!
- Possess natural skills for researching information online, using computer databases and love getting to know people over the phone and in person.
- Are passionate with assisting individuals with disabilities and sharing your own experiences as person with a disability and how you’ve personally achieved independence.
- Not afraid to advocate with the greater disability community with the goal of eliminating barriers to independence of people with disabilities.
If chosen a position, you will get the opportunity to empower to get out, gain freedom and lead a more independent life. All are welcome to apply, but people with disabilities who are passionate about independence and meet the job requirements are highly encouraged to apply. Be empowered by empowering people to set their goals for freedom and independence but also assist individuals with achieving them as well. Apply and maybe you can join this exciting team at Disability Connections.
Current Positions Available:
- Peer Support / IL Coordination.
- Volunteers needed to work on durable medical equipment - Great for Retired Engineers and folks who enjoy working on equipment such as wheelchairs, power chairs, walkers, etc.
Fill the application below (return to this page once complete) AND if you are interested in a paid position, click a position to fill out additional information and upload a resume.